Symptoma is a Digital Health Assistant & Symptom Checker. Patients and doctors enter symptoms, answer questions, and find a list of matching causes – sorted by probability. Its diagnostic accuracy rate is raising the bar in its industry. We want to save lives and you can help us with that mission!
Please watch the video below for a better idea of the company: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAaXxyEGuWw
- Advanced university degree (MSc/PhD) in a quantitative field (e.g. computer science, statistics, math, (bio)physics, medical informatics, bioinformatics or similar).
- >3 years of working experience in data analysis.
- Experience and fluency in several programming languages, e.g. Python.
- Strong statistics knowledge (univariate, multivariate).
- Strong analytical skills, creativity, curiosity, enthusiasm, and ability to work in a team.
- Excellent command of the English language (German is an advantage but not necessary).
- Basic knowledge of molecular biology, genetics, immunology, medicine is an advantage but not required. However, the candidate should have a strong interest in these subjects and the willingness to learn.
- Knowledge of data science techniques: Regression (e.g. ANN, Lasso, Ridge), classification (e.g. SVM, KNN), clustering (e.g. k-means, hierarchical), heuristic optimization (e.g. genetic algorithms), parallel computing (e.g. MPI, pySpark), SQL, noSQL.
- Knowledge of Natural Language Processing techniques.
- Knowledge of common Bioinformatics techniques.
- Knowledge of LINUX operating systems and command line operations..
- Experience with the use of high performance computing clusters.
- Awesome, if you have experience in working with digital health applications.
- You become a part of an exciting project in the field of computational diagnosis in a young and highly motivated team.
- You can start immediately.
- Your ideas and suggestions are highly valued and evaluated in quick decision-making. Because we iterate quickly, your work is visible to end users within days.
- You work independently and self-responsibly.
- Your responsibilities grow with the company and your achievements.
- In accordance with Austrian law regulations it is stated that the minimum gross yearly salary for this position is 50,652 Euros (ST2 Regelstufe KV IT 2021). Your actual salary will depend on your training and experience.
Application documents (as a single pdf file):
- CV (max 2 pages).
- Short letter of motivation (max 1 page). Write it short but specific for this position – do not just copy&paste another letter.
- Contact details of 2-3 references. Before you apply please keep in mind that common reasons for not being invited for an interview are (1) not fulfilling one or multiple of the "must criteria", (2) not following the application guidelines, (3) generic copy & paste applications, and/or (4) low level of English.
Please apply (in English) to: [email protected]
Other current job offers: https://www.symptoma.com/en/jobs
Jobs at Symptoma
We save lives. Are You in?
Symptoma was founded in 2006 to save up to 1.5 million lives each year with the right diagnosis.
Every patient deserves the right diagnosis and treatment.
Building the Digital Health Assistant championing for the patients’ sovereignty.
Our core values:
- Lean: Little resources, big impact.
- Helpful: Leave a dent in this universe – for the better.
- Strong: Each one of us has unique super-human skills.
We are a complementary team and joined for a bold mission worth fighting for. We know how to overcome and embrace even the biggest challenges. When we fail, we stand up and win even bigger.
Symptoma is a Digital Health Assistant. Patients and doctors enter symptoms, answer questions, and find a list of matching causes – sorted by probability. Symptoma empowers users to uncover even ultra-rare diseases.